When you play SumDog, you should be using a level that suits your learning, and you should try to practice the same things we are doing in class. If we are working on subtraction in class, you should be doing subtraction on SumDog!
Here are the steps to choosing a skill and level:
(1) Login to SumDog, of course! Remember, your login codes are in your planner, near the back.
(2) On your homepage*, you will see a square on the left side, centre, that says the name of the last subject you used. For example, Janey’s page says “Math” right now. Click that box on your own page.
(3) When it opens, look for the part that says “Choose Topic”. Click the symbol of the type of math topic you should be doing: a plus sign for adding, x for multiplication, and so on. We are doing subtraction right now, and we will start multiplication in the end of November.
(4) Now pick the level of difficulty by clicking on “Choose level”. Try the level that is not too easy for you. But don’t choose a very hard level either – you won’t get right answers and you won’t learn much when you are frustrated.
(5) Scroll to the very bottom of the page and hit “Play”. You’re set! Have fun!
Here is the link to SumDog.
* Your homepage is the page you first see when you login. To get back to your homepage after you have been playing a game, click on your own name.